<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/841906456591218188?origin\x3dhttp://mechoness.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
entries about history exits

120531
Thursday, 31 May 2012 // 10:44 pm

Noneria-al-cubo-mini-resenas-one-day-restless-l-8w2i3y_large


So I’m reading One Day by David Nichollis and I’m really enjoying it. I find it hard to put down. There’s something about the whole idea of spending your entire life trying to find someone in life that you can spend the remaining years with. You go through thick and thin and even make some horrible mistakes on the journey and then finally you realise. That one person you’ve mapping for has always been right next to you.

Reading the book is like growing up with the two characters, from their early twenties all the way to their early forties.  As George R.R. Martin said once, “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never readies lives only one.”

Last year for whatever reason, I don’t even know myself, I stopped reading. Maybe it was the whole high school phrase. Assignments and studying for exams took over and I wouldn’t set foot into the library unless it was for a special class that needs the school database. I missed it.

Labels:


安布勒 少女