120305
Monday, 5 March 2012 // 12:31 pm
(New Zealand.www.paincakes.tk)
A while back ago I promised I would try and use my photography from now for the top picture on each entry and I failed after two attempts. It's not that I have don't have enough photos, in fact I have folders and folders filled with final edits, all completed but I guess I'm so lazy that I can't even be bothered uploading them to a file image server to use.
Instead of starting off again with what I should do and what I promise to do, I'll start with what I have been doing. Besides busy procrastinating (which I really shouldn't because I have a major Maths exam coming up this very Thursday) I have been busy finishing off the dramas I have been watching. Yes, before you all start to judge me you should know I hardly ever watch them. Maybe around five each year, but once I start I can't stop.
For Korean dramas, which for the majority I honestly cannot get into or relate to because they're so cliche, there'll always be a few exceptions. One prime example would be my ultimate bias Lee Junki. I will literally get through all the way of a really bad drama just to see his face. He's a good actor don't get me wrong (at least he started it off that way in The King and the Clown) but he slowly lost it after My Girl.
Take Hero for example, the directing and acting was alright but the whole story is so boring that I lost interest after five episodes but still, I managed to finish it all for that face of his. Orignally I had really high expectations because the drama revolves around a photojournalist and as someone who's really interested in journalism, I really wanted to see it despite the 'this-show-is-so-boring' reviews out there. Lesson learnt; never ignore the majority's view.
The story here today is pretty much similar, except all you need to do is replace Lee Junki with Park Shi Hoo but with better acting, directing and the overall plot. While I'm here, bless South Korea for making their men going to the army. They always come back looking like a completely differnet person. Korean dramas have an unspoken tradition of granting shower scenes for recently army returned male actors (uh, hello? Abs? Yeah, pretty obvious) and sometimes it does get a bit overrated but hey, I am not complaining.
In just two weeks I finished five dramas, maybe it's not a lot for some out there but for me - someone who barely gets through five a year is huge. I read rave reviews for two of them and I just couldn't help it. The two being Princess' Man and Flower Boy Ramen Shop. Judging from the title of them I wasn't exactly expecting anything. Sorry, but flower boy instant noodle shop? Yeah... But I was more than impressed at the end.
49 Days was enjoyable as well and What's Up is way underrated compared to the overrated, obviously being Dream High 2. Now I am really ready to announce my farwell to dramas this year. For now anyways.
In other news, my Nikon D70 recently passed away. It's been seven years so I'm not exactly surprised but I will miss it terribly. Thank you for being always there for me. The new Nikon D700 won't be able to replace you - ever.
Labels: life


