<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/841906456591218188?origin\x3dhttp://mechoness.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
entries about history exits

120302
Monday, 2 April 2012 // 9:08 pm



So it’s been a while, again. I haven’t been typing simply because not much is going on in my life recently. It’s just school, optometrist visits, studying and the typical daily stuff. Not that I am complaining. I wake up and I’m still alive – it’s a good day. I just don’t want to bore you guys with unimportant details of my life.

What is there to talk about? The Hunger Games? Oh yeah, um, not exactly interested. Book or movie so can’t discuss about that. One Direction? Heard two of their songs, nothing mind blowing, got over the catchy beats.

Instead of the usual I am looking forward to Tim Burton and Johnny Depp’s Dark Shadows (out in cinemas during May). Anyone who has been reading this blog for the past few years will know I am a huge fan of Burton and Depp. In fact I had a very special encounter with my very first Burton movie which is now one of my all-time favourites. The Nightmare before Christmas. Yes, need I saw more? My mum brought it for me when I was in Year Two and thought it looked interesting enough for a primary school kid.

I looked at the cover, not at all interested. It was first introduced in 1993, that’s three years before I was born. Old movie, just a waste of time, that was my initial thought. It was kept hidden at the bottom of my DVD collection until one day I was so bored and desperate for entertainment that I had no other choice but that very scary looking disc. (Yes, being young at the time I thought rag dolls and skeletons were scary, ha, and proud thank you very much.) I was expecting it to be boring and basically everything but entertaining.

Oh how wrong was I? I ended up finishing the movie and fell in love with everything about it. The music, the story, the characters… the list goes on. Now I re-watch the movie at least once a year and it’s on the top of my favourite movie list. I think that’s when I started to learn about the whole idea of never judge a book by its cover. Not that there was anything wrong with the DVD cover to begin with, I just had a problem with a skeleton in suit dancing with a red haired rag doll when I was young.

Needless to say the director also grabbed my attention and I searched for his other films such as Edward Scissorhands, Corpse Bride, Beetlejuice, Big Fish, and 9 and many more.  If I have to list ten of my absolute ten films of all times, three would be Burton’s.

Um, and during the beginning of this entry I was complaining on how I have nothing to type about. I just typed an almost five hundred word entry on Burton. To be honest I can go on and on about him but I should start my Geography assignment now.
Till next time.

Labels:


安布勒 少女