<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/841906456591218188?origin\x3dhttp://mechoness.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
entries about history exits

111218
Monday, 12 December 2011 // 5:03 pm

I always thought having Christmas during Summer is weird. Maybe it's because I grew up in countries that celebrates new years in the Winter months. Last year I celebrated Christmas by myself in China by watching IRIS - the Korean drama that is so good I am still in love with it. This year I'll be celebrating the new years on a cruise boat with my parents and little brother instead, so it's definitely a nice change and I'm looking forward to it.

Which brings me to another thing I've been thinking about a lot lately. Both of my parents enjoy travelling - a lot. They're not just the type to board on a plane, follow some local guides around and see the historical sites and all, they're the extreme ones. Throw them a map and they will literally travel by themselves throughout an entire country, that's what they did for China six years ago. So ever since little I hated the idea of observing different cultures, trying new things and being on the road and away from home.

For me, instead of fun and exciting (which is what it is to my parents) it was dull and annoying. I would throw a tantrum at every possible chance which my parents really hated me for. "You're not out-going, you're always in your own shell and unwilling to see new things. You're so different!" Yeah, you get the idea.

There was actually a time I thought I was adopted but eventually the idea got old as some of my faces are really heavily based on my dad's. Especially my nose. I know what you're thinking! Aren't all of our features based on all parents? Well, yes but no. It's based on it but you can look nothing like your own parents! Or maybe because of plastic surgery, whatever, you get the idea.

Back to the whole travelling business. I thought I would never get into travelling. Until only recently I discovered that secretly I've been a fan for quite some years now. I didn't dislike travelling but how my parents organized everything and chose the destinations and I didn't get a say in anything or what we do while we're away. As much as I enjoy the process of travelling I love picking the destinations, deciding what we will be doing, finding a new cultural I want to explore and basically just have a say in everything!

In the end I'm just like my parents. Which is a relief because I can definitely see myself going to a lot of places with them two once I get older and can afford some quality time overseas for them.

Note to followers - If you guys ever become future parents in the future, never ever take your kids out for long holidays or visiting really significant destination sites that cost a fortune. Most likely they will forget about the whole thing and end up giving you a hard thing during the trip.

Listening: Gee (Acoustic Cover) - Jong Hye In
Reading:
Listening:

Labels:


安布勒 少女