<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/841906456591218188?origin\x3dhttp://mechoness.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
entries about history exits

130923
Monday, 23 September 2013 // 9:08 pm


Year 11 officially finished three days ago, for me anyway. For a selected few it ended more than a week earlier, but I'm actually glad I finished late, to be able to finish on the actual last day, for both Year 11 and 12 alike. For the last two weeks or so I was preparing and sitting for the yearly exams, with English Extension being the last exam. 

So, I can't say I felt good with every single exam, because I know I definitely made mistakes and so many things I could have done better but there's no point in saying this now. All I can do now is simply wait for the actual results to arrive. 

On the last day, to mark the end of Year 11, yearly exams and just stress from the past month in general, I met up with a friend I've known since primary. Since we go to different schools now we have a tradition of some sort, if you will, to catch up once every school holidays. What do we do? We just talk, and if you want to be specific, I guess 'gossip' will be a better word, but I prefer 'catching up'. We just share stories of ourselves and those around us, such as a event that we can't help but judge silently (hey, we are humans too), or the internal changes we've noticed on some friends and the list goes on really. 

What really caught my attention that day was the whole talk on those around us who are considered to be popular, and we would become sentimental over their previous self - the one we knew, and were much more comfortable with. Don't get me wrong, not all changes are bad, there has been some good changes in friends we've noticed, but unfortunately the negatives overrides the positives. At the end of the day, the so called positive changes to me is really about getting to know yourself and becoming more you - individualized. 

If the real you is dropping out of school and start working at this age or going out to as many parties as possible in order to become known as the popular one, then so be it. Then there should be no negatives I hear you thinking? Well, there are some who I feel who are this way because the people around them are acting and expecting a similar behavior. If you are a certain way due to expectations then you are not yourself, period, and of course you can't claim to be an individual, not a happy one at the end of the day anyway. The again, these are just my opinions, of course I hope the people we talked about were not influenced, but rather this is who they truly are. 

I'm glad I was able to realize this early. Maybe it's due to our schooling years coming to an end soon, recently a lot of people have been discussing about the times when they just entered high school, and as a result some have been saying to me, "I remember when you were in Year 8, you looked a lot better", yeah well, I wasn't happy. Truth to be told I agree with the whole appearance comment. Of course I looked better. I was underweight, wore make up every single day and dyed my hair every three weeks or so. But was I happy? Those are two very different things; looking good on the outside and feeling good on the inside. Sure, since I gained weight, chopped my hair (literally) and stopped wearing make up in Year 9 people have made comments, but I was a much more happier person back then and I didn't really give a damn if my facebook photos were no longer liked by as many people or people stopped inviting me to events. I became a happier person. Why? I don't know, but I think it has something among the lines of truly getting to know myself better and what I'm comfortable with. Like I said, if for you it's partying and for me it's staying at home with a good book then so be it, I'm not going to judge you so you shouldn't judge in return either. 

Anyway, to celebrate the first day of holidays, technically today, being Monday and all, I played Sims for a few hours, finished the latest issue of Frankie, read Atonement for a while, and surfed the net. Productive I know, but isn't that the whole point of having a holiday? To be so productive is the whole purpose of having a break. I think I might finished the night off with an episode of Breaking Bad and the film The Help or maybe Kill Kill instead. 

In other news, I can't believe we're already into September and I've only posted six entries this year. I still remember the days when I tried to blog at least once every two days, then slowly it turned into once a week, a month... There were things I wanted to record, but I couldn't, not on here anyway. Of course I have an actual journal in real life, so most things go in there instead. I guess I became more lazy overtime knowing I lost the majority of my followers due to my long absence. What's more I've had another online blog located on another server for about two years now, and I'm much more happier with the audience over there as compared to here. Will I ever give up Blogger? Nah. I started this in Year 6 so it's been with me for quite sometime, even if I stop updating here on the future I will never delete this place. I may set it to private instead, but I will never be able to terminate it completely. 

Wow, this just might be my longest entry in a year, or maybe even more :B


Listening: Say Love (사랑한다 말해요) - Lim Kim 
Reading: too many to list 

Labels: , ,


安布勒 少女