111018
Tuesday, 18 October 2011 // 4:26 pm

My first ever pen pal mail is here! Everyone, can you feel my excitement? The photo above is my reply letter (which I posted today because I gave up on waiting and then after I get home, ha, guess what? Mum tells me I have mail) and it's so bad compared to my pen pal it's not funny. In terms of writing and what it was about... everything but I'll make up for it next time.
So yes, I am very happy right now. Her envelope is so cute as well which just brings mine to shame because I used those average plain white ones but as I said, I will make for it. Note to self.
Moving on, I am jamming to Secret's latest album Moving In Secret, in fact, what does that even mean? Whatever though, who cares about the album title when the songs are so amazing? Jokes, take that back. The album is pretty horrible being completely honest, I have never been a big fan of them. Magic (debut track) wasn't even good enough for me to download it, don't even talk about Madonna which is basically the exact same melody and they just changed the lyrics. Starlight Moonlight was cute and definitely different but it wasn't my type.
Now their latest come back track Love is MOVE is ridiculous. The song is horrible, it sounds like all their previous tracks mixed together, sounding very cheap. In fact the first few second of the song just screams at you, telling you "Hey! They totally got me off Magic and Madonna. I'm their secret love child." Second track Sexy is just as horrible, it's just cute and just bleh. They sound like another version of Girls' Day but with more vocal capability. Don't Laugh lightens up the whole album because the first and second track is just so disappointing but this third track kind of keeps you going, which brings us to Movie Star. The beat to it is like Madonna all over again. Why is it that Secret like to do the same songs with similar beats over and over? Is this their musical style? If so, fair enough and it's really annoying. It gives off the impression that you guys are too poor to hire other people to actually make songs that sound different. It's basically recycling your old songs again and again.
Now I present the best song on the album, Amazinger which is rapper Zinger's solo song. No, I'm not saying this is the best song because she is my favourite in the group but just go listen to it. I swear you won't be disappointed. It's possible to say she is one of the best rapper (her ability to flow on with the rapping unlike most of the girl group rapper out there) among Miryo from Brown Eyed Girls, E.Via, CL from 2NE1 and let's not forget Bekah of After School. Together which is the sixth track can take the place of the second best on the album. Not over done, not trying too hard to be catchy up till the point it's annoying, just enough.
I'll skip a few because they're not worth mentioning. Ending the album is Never land and Hope which is nicely done but nothing amazing. From a music point of view, this is pretty much a fail, and from a K-Pop point of view (making the song as catchy as possible), Love is MOVE is a huge fail. So um, Secret fans, you can kill me all you want. Or do I have any followers that are fans of Secret? You may unfollow. I'm sorry, I'm just so disappointed that I have to blog about this.
Secret has worked extremely hard no doubt but I don't see myself becoming a fan in the neat future.
Listening: Amazinger - Zinger of Secret
Reading:
Addicted:
Labels: kpop, real life
111018
Tuesday, 18 October 2011 // 4:26 pm

My first ever pen pal mail is here! Everyone, can you feel my excitement? The photo above is my reply letter (which I posted today because I gave up on waiting and then after I get home, ha, guess what? Mum tells me I have mail) and it's so bad compared to my pen pal it's not funny. In terms of writing and what it was about... everything but I'll make up for it next time.
So yes, I am very happy right now. Her envelope is so cute as well which just brings mine to shame because I used those average plain white ones but as I said, I will make for it. Note to self.
Moving on, I am jamming to Secret's latest album Moving In Secret, in fact, what does that even mean? Whatever though, who cares about the album title when the songs are so amazing? Jokes, take that back. The album is pretty horrible being completely honest, I have never been a big fan of them. Magic (debut track) wasn't even good enough for me to download it, don't even talk about Madonna which is basically the exact same melody and they just changed the lyrics. Starlight Moonlight was cute and definitely different but it wasn't my type.
Now their latest come back track Love is MOVE is ridiculous. The song is horrible, it sounds like all their previous tracks mixed together, sounding very cheap. In fact the first few second of the song just screams at you, telling you "Hey! They totally got me off Magic and Madonna. I'm their secret love child." Second track Sexy is just as horrible, it's just cute and just bleh. They sound like another version of Girls' Day but with more vocal capability. Don't Laugh lightens up the whole album because the first and second track is just so disappointing but this third track kind of keeps you going, which brings us to Movie Star. The beat to it is like Madonna all over again. Why is it that Secret like to do the same songs with similar beats over and over? Is this their musical style? If so, fair enough and it's really annoying. It gives off the impression that you guys are too poor to hire other people to actually make songs that sound different. It's basically recycling your old songs again and again.
Now I present the best song on the album, Amazinger which is rapper Zinger's solo song. No, I'm not saying this is the best song because she is my favourite in the group but just go listen to it. I swear you won't be disappointed. It's possible to say she is one of the best rapper (her ability to flow on with the rapping unlike most of the girl group rapper out there) among Miryo from Brown Eyed Girls, E.Via, CL from 2NE1 and let's not forget Bekah of After School. Together which is the sixth track can take the place of the second best on the album. Not over done, not trying too hard to be catchy up till the point it's annoying, just enough.
I'll skip a few because they're not worth mentioning. Ending the album is Never land and Hope which is nicely done but nothing amazing. From a music point of view, this is pretty much a fail, and from a K-Pop point of view (making the song as catchy as possible), Love is MOVE is a huge fail. So um, Secret fans, you can kill me all you want. Or do I have any followers that are fans of Secret? You may unfollow. I'm sorry, I'm just so disappointed that I have to blog about this.
Secret has worked extremely hard no doubt but I don't see myself becoming a fan in the neat future.
Listening: Amazinger - Zinger of Secret
Reading:
Addicted:
Labels: kpop, real life