<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/841906456591218188?origin\x3dhttp://mechoness.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
entries about history exits

110920
Tuesday, 20 September 2011 // 9:10 am

Hello fellow followers, sorry for being absent lately. I have been really busy lately, finishing off school work for the last week of Term Three. Also, editing my photos from the Japan trip over a year ago. Also I have some very exciting things to record down.

For those that doesn't know Baidu Tieba, it is the largest community communication (very similar for a forum) provided by the Chinese search again Baidu (the Google that Chinese use; very much like Naver that Koreans use). It is the largest Chinese website and Chinese search engine in the world. Each day the website has an average of 35 million unique traffic. So imagine what it would be like to make it onto the front page website of this as the third most viewed live post (meaning constant updates from the user).

Well last Sunday, 18th September 2011 I managed to achieve that. On Friday I started a photography post, hoping for some comments and suggestions but the over whelming replies and support really surprised me. As of now 20th September 2011 at 12:26PM I have two hundred thousand views and counting. People even started up a little fan club for me which is really nice of them. In two days I was able to be featured on the front page. Twice in fact. Once on the popular picture post and the very next day it turned up at #3 for the most discussed topic.

Obviously there's good and bad sides; there's a lot of hate messages and really bad criticisms but good thing is I am used to these harsh comment, or the one night kind of success thing would've really scared them since that person would find hate comment a lot more offensive. All those hate messages are honestly too much, pages and pages of them. I read them all though, becuase curiousity gets the best of me. Then there's the really nice people, so it's always nice to know that there's actually people supporting you.

No, this post is not a show off, I simply want to record down what happened so when I'm old I can come back and read it all.


Listening:
Reading:
Addicted:

Labels: ,


安布勒 少女