110915
Thursday, 15 September 2011 // 8:34 am

By arriving at school early there are many benefits. Such as typing this right now before DEAR starts. People tend to think if you arrive to class before or on time, this is something that's considered as "nerdy". For me it's simply because I like being in empty classrooms by myself and doing whatever I want. On another point, I do not understand why the high school society thinks being a nerd is "uncool".
Of course, those that can maintain their high marks but not their social life is more on the other side, it's like if you don't go out partying all the time you are not capable of socialising. Personal definition of high school uncool would be dressing all slutty, ruining the school image in public, swearing and way too much PDA in the station and most of all, while doing all these things in a proud manner and getting lousy grades at school.
You probably think I am a nerd and that's why I am defending this issue but I've had my time of being one of those that cakes their make up and failing school and those times were not pretty. I've learnt my lesson and often I wonder what I was thinking at the time. I just embarrassed myself in public whilst thinking I was being oh-so-cool.
I guess everyone has to go through different stages and for me it was just another one of those times where I struggled to find myself.
(Old entry; posted 110928. In draft since 110915)
Labels: rant, school
110915
Thursday, 15 September 2011 // 8:34 am

By arriving at school early there are many benefits. Such as typing this right now before DEAR starts. People tend to think if you arrive to class before or on time, this is something that's considered as "nerdy". For me it's simply because I like being in empty classrooms by myself and doing whatever I want. On another point, I do not understand why the high school society thinks being a nerd is "uncool".
Of course, those that can maintain their high marks but not their social life is more on the other side, it's like if you don't go out partying all the time you are not capable of socialising. Personal definition of high school uncool would be dressing all slutty, ruining the school image in public, swearing and way too much PDA in the station and most of all, while doing all these things in a proud manner and getting lousy grades at school.
You probably think I am a nerd and that's why I am defending this issue but I've had my time of being one of those that cakes their make up and failing school and those times were not pretty. I've learnt my lesson and often I wonder what I was thinking at the time. I just embarrassed myself in public whilst thinking I was being oh-so-cool.
I guess everyone has to go through different stages and for me it was just another one of those times where I struggled to find myself.
(Old entry; posted 110928. In draft since 110915)
Labels: rant, school