160610
Friday, 10 June 2016 // 2:23 pm
The morning start off pretty well, with the news of Khan being found guilty of murder for the death of Mr. Chris Noble. If you haven't been following the news it all began in September 2014 when Adeel Ahmad Khan decided to set his own convenience store on fire, despite knowing that there are various individuals and families living above the store. It caused an explosion and fire, which ultimately resulted in the death of Mr. Noble and mother Mrs. Bianka O'Brien and her son, Jude.
Allegedly, Khan decided to set his Rozelle store on fire in attempting to retrieve insurance compensation for it, as he was later revealed to be in debt of over $300,000 AUD. Granted, I really haven't followed this story closely and continuously enough to know of all the public details but from the amount of news articles and court reports I have read on it, I can conclude that innocent lives were taken far too early that day due to the greed and brutality of another human-being. According to court recounts, Khan showed no display of emotion when the juries returned with a guilty verdict.
Juries are yet to decided on whether Khan should be found guilty of the murder of Mrs O'Brien and her son due to the manner of conduction of the case and trial, with different sets of relevant facts for O'Brien and Noble. I am hopeful though.
In other news, it really has been a while since my last update. A lot has happened, mostly good things. It's funny how things can change so much in just a few months. I'll save them for another day, when I am not actually supposed to be studying for my finals.
Second year of university. Tort Law. Criminal Law. Accounting B.
Labels: life, university



