<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/841906456591218188?origin\x3dhttp://mechoness.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
entries about history exits

140808
Friday, 8 August 2014 // 11:45 am




Hello there. I just completed my first trial exam and I felt the sudden urge to update. I’ve been facing a bit of a ‘burn out’ problem lately which I actually never thought I would encounter, or am I just being sensitive and over reacting? I hope so. I think so. I’ll be fine. It’s just the weather.

Anyway, I haven’t been doing a lot of recording lately but a lot of doing instead (sort of). In the beginning of Year Twelve I made a promise myself, that I will write down everything worth remembering because I don’t want this year to be solely underpinned by studying. 

I often wondered what will first come to my mind when in a few years’ time I look back on the HSC years and it seems like ‘studying’ is currently in first place. It’s very boring, but this answer makes me guilt-free and even somewhat proud of my teenage level of self-control. Of course, there will other things. I met some amazing people (including teachers) this year and although I don’t know whether we’ll stay in contact after high school, what I am certain is that I’ll remember a lot of them for a long time to come. Great memories were made alongside the less appreciated ones but I’ll treasure the latter as well. They’ll remind me how to not make the same mistakes twice and ensure I become a nicer person as the years go by. I don’t know if I did anything so far this year that has left a lasting impact on someone but if the answer is yes then I hope they’re positive impacts, although I’m not so confident about that… … 

Anyways, this reminds me: the trials! I did my English Advanced Paper One today and one of the essay questions has the wording ‘positive and negative impacts’. So, I’m not a big fan of talking about how I think I performed after exams because I don’t see the point of self-assessment at this point since I’m not the one marking it. What difference does it make in regards to how I felt I did? I do like discussing about the paper afterwards with my friends though, is that a bit conflicting? Either way, this entry is to mark the beginning of my trials examinations and the end of the first exam. Fingers crossed - one down, seven more to go! 

Update: On Thursday, August 7th the Khmer Rouge leaders were sentenced to life! Never mind that they killed one and a half million people - citizens of their own nation - some thirty five years ago. Life imprisonment. What a joke. The gif. set is relevant here. 


Labels:


安布勒 少女