151201
Tuesday, 1 December 2015 // 10:07 pm
It's been a while. This year has been absolutely crazy - in both good and bad ways - and I'm so thankful for everything. I can't recall when was the last time I did a proper blog entry... I guess that speaks volume already... It's been that long. Where should I even begin?
2015. Even before the year started I already knew this was going to be a big year for me. I will be starting university. With a bit of luck I might even start my first job. There will be a lot of new experiences. What exactly? Well who knows, but they were all going to be new and refreshing (hopefully), that I knew for sure.
Fast forward eleven months and here I am. It all came true. I survived, made it and I'm so contempt with everything I have right now. It's a similar sense of nostalgia, the exact same sentiments I felt after I completed the HSC last year and when I received my ATAR in January. Having said all that, of course not everything is perfect. I experienced plenty of downs this year but they are nothing compared to the ups. I feel like I have been really spoilt for the past two years.
In term of university I am definitely not doing my personal best, but the first year was still completed in a way that allows me to say I am personally satisfied despite the usual high expectations I have and set for myself. I still doubt my degree choice from time to time because I know it will only get harder in the next four years but I have a good feeling about this. Fingers crossed.
In addition I have also been given the opportunity to have two extremely inspiring and rewarding jobs. I'm not going to sugar coat it. It's hard. It's so damn hard, working two part-time jobs on top of full time university commitments. Others around me often ask, why? Why push yourself so hard? Why work this much when you don't need the money? It's actually quite simple - I just want to push myself as hard as I can to see what I can actually achieve. When the year first started I struggled and looking back now, I just can't believe how much I far I've come. I don't know how long it will last, but this has been an amazing journey so far and I know it will continue to be until the very end.
I don't want to say anything about the negatives because I'm tired and I'm over them. In its place, I'm just going to link this Artparasites article here.
Until next time.
Labels: real life



