110825
Thursday, 25 August 2011 // 4:49 pm
I have been very inactive lately and I have missed out on so much I simply don't know where to begin. So basically I failed Japanese but it's nothing too big, I've decided to drop the subject next year and continue with my commerce instead. Definitely regret picking the subject I know I wasn't even good at in the first place under the influence of my dad. Now I finally know why teachers said to us in Year 8 that you should never pick a subject you think you should do, pick something that you want to do. Basically it came around to me that if I didn't pick Japanese as a 200hour course and pick Commerce instead (which is exactly what I am doing eight months later) I would be able to do Photography as a 100hour course.Which brings me to another point, it was my dad who told me to pick Japanese and not photography in the first place and guess what he does for a living? Photography. That's right. I don't even... I have hinted about wanting to pursue something in that field when I'm older ever since primary and yet he still tells me it's not the best idea. I should probably listen since he has experience and all but it's something I really like and I have finally realized just because someone says you shouldn't do something it doesn't necessarily mean it's right. Even if that someone is your dad.
I honestly don't really care if I can't get a job that earns me above the average amount, I just want to be happy at what I do. Even if I earn millions or billions, if I'm not happy then I really don't see the point. Everyone has to go through school and learn subjects you don't like or won't actually need later in life. How boring would it be if you finally complete school after twelve years and then you get into a field of career that you don't like that will probably last until you retire (not to mention those extra studying of it during university)?
Of course, everyone is different.
It's my birthday soon, I'm more excited than the previous years. Is it normal?
Listening: Banana ft. Swings - G.NAReading: Shiver - Maggie StievaterAddicted: Jong Hyun
Labels: school


