100312
Saturday, 22 May 2010 // 6:09 pm

For some reasons my internet decided to stop working. Maybe it doesn't like the idea of me hanging on Facebook when I'm trying to study. Thank you computer, you know me the best. So during the internet holiday I decided to check out my chat logs just because I wanted to see how much people has changed since primary. In return the result was surprising. First I looked at the chat log with my close friend from 2008 - 2010. We still talk to each other and all but not as much. When we first met we would talk to each other for like hours a day then slowly it went hours a week, hours a month to a few minutes a month. I thought this was happening because we went to different high school and how he's ready to leave me behind and start a new life with new friends. That's why he was slowly changing, he was acting so cold all the time. Like he was talking to me only because he felt sorry for me.
As usual I was wrong. According to record he always started the conversations and I would reply - just like that. This continued for a year. Then I had a new school, I was busy, angry, confused... everything I didn't like all came up to me at once. He would start the conversation like every other day, I would reply with a Hi and start chatting about how our day went, what happened or just a general conversation. Thing is I started shortening my replies... "LOL", "Ahh OK," or "That's nice..." was all I ever said in return. This surprised me greatly as I never noticed this pattern myself. Up until now I still have no idea what was happening to me and to be honest, I don't want to know, I don't want to figure it out. The truth is the unknown and the unknown is scary. This was on repeat according to the chat logs from mid 2009 to late early 2010. Finally he gave up. He stopped the conversations, I stopped the replies. The rest was history.
That got me thinking. I always thought the problem belonged to other people but really, was I the problem instead? Was I the one that was creating trouble and drama for others without even realising it myself when it was plain obvious to the outsiders. Up until now I have never admitted this but truth is I don't really know myself... it's kind of scary actually. Is this just me?
Listening: Lexy - GIRLS
Reading:
Addicted:
Labels: friends


