Two-morrow
Sunday, 16 May 2010 // 8:46 pm

With Facebook, you can snoop into friends’ profiles and read all the wall posts you want that’s been sent by other people. What makes you a spy is that you want to know what they’ve been doing lately. You are obsessed with them.
Whatever people write on your friends’ walls are, at first, personal. Since anybody (with permission) can read them, that now makes it less secret. I guess with social-networking, it can be difficult to lie at people. Don’t get me wrong. And with social-networking, those who you don’t like might nose into your privacy e.g. teachers. Would you want to set your profile to public so that your school principal could check out your photos? ‘course not.
I try to reduce my footprint on the Internet, even though I use Twitter, last.fm, Tumblr, Facebook, Bebo, and so on. I won’t and never will pursue popularity – what good do you get out of it? You’d have a lot of people talking about you. Although that may sound great for you, I don’t want any of that.
Two-morrow: Rambling on social-networking
Labels: internet
Two-morrow
Sunday, 16 May 2010 // 8:46 pm

With Facebook, you can snoop into friends’ profiles and read all the wall posts you want that’s been sent by other people. What makes you a spy is that you want to know what they’ve been doing lately. You are obsessed with them.
Whatever people write on your friends’ walls are, at first, personal. Since anybody (with permission) can read them, that now makes it less secret. I guess with social-networking, it can be difficult to lie at people. Don’t get me wrong. And with social-networking, those who you don’t like might nose into your privacy e.g. teachers. Would you want to set your profile to public so that your school principal could check out your photos? ‘course not.
I try to reduce my footprint on the Internet, even though I use Twitter, last.fm, Tumblr, Facebook, Bebo, and so on. I won’t and never will pursue popularity – what good do you get out of it? You’d have a lot of people talking about you. Although that may sound great for you, I don’t want any of that.
Two-morrow: Rambling on social-networking
Labels: internet